Online Psychology Degree
- Next Start Date: February 13, 2017
- Estimated Program Length: 16 Months*
- Semester Hours: 48 Hours
- Cost Per Semester Hour: $300
* Major coursework may be completed in as little as 16 months.
The online psychology degree completion program teaches students integral knowledge and skills in psychology, communication, critical thinking, research, and writing. The degree completion program prepares adult learners to receive their bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Professionals graduating with a bachelor’s degree in psychology can apply their knowledge of sociocultural diversity and psychological behaviors in their careers. Our online courses are the same courses as those delivered on campus.
- 48-semester hour major of 12 courses; 124 total semester hours required to receive bachelor’s degree
- Major coursework may be completed in as little as 16 months
- Collaboration of professional experiences among peers
This program is comprised of a 48 semester hour major (12 courses) and major coursework may be completed in as little as 16 months. A total of 124 semester hours are required to graduate from King University.
Students that need additional core and/or elective courses to fulfill the 124 semester hours may transfer those credit hours from another accredited institution or register for core and elective courses offered each semester through the Pathway and Quest programs at King University.
Students must have previously earned 45 semester hours to gain admission into the online bachelor of science in psychology program.
General Education Core Requirements
A minimum of 30 semester hours in general education courses is required prior to graduation, including one course from each of the following categories:
- English composition
- College mathematics
- Science with laboratory
- Human culture (religion, psychology, sociology, foreign language)
- U.S. and global citizenship (economics, history, philosophy, political science)
Prior to graduation from King, a comprehensive general education assessment test is required. A pass or fail test, the Outcomes Assessment at King (OAK) becomes available in your student portal upon entering your last semester of classes. The OAK is comprised of 75 general education questions.
Take the next step in your career with King University Online!
For more information about our on-ground programs, visit us here.