Online MSN Courses
Healthcare has become the nation’s leading industry with technology innovations and advancing patient care services driving continued growth through the next decade. To keep pace with this complex growth, healthcare is trending toward advanced degree requirements for managerial-level positions. A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) puts you on the track for professional growth and career advancement and provides a platform for continued education through additional certifications, licensures and even a doctorate degree. King University’s MSN is offered 100 percent online and provides an accessible alternative to advancing your career through continued education. Nurses enrolled in the King University MSN degree program can choose among three concentrations for a specialized learning experience with supporting curriculum that is targeted for your career focus. Curriculum helps build a solid nursing foundation through theoretical concepts, research-based studies and practical learning experience. The MSN delivers a well-rounded academic experience that can be tailored to your career goals and professional needs.
- NURS 5000 Theoretical Basis of Nursing Practice (3 s.h.)
- NURS 5001 Research Design in Nursing (3 s.h.)
- NURS 5010 Social, Cultural and Political Perspectives on Healthcare and Delivery Systems (3 s.h.)
- NURS 5014 Healthcare Informatics (3 s.h.)
- NURS 5022 Research Seminar (3 s.h.)
Total Core Hours: 15 semester hours
|Track||Specialized Semester Hours||Total Program Semester Hours|
|Administration||20 s.h.||35 s.h.|
|Education||24 s.h.||39 s.h.|
|MSN/MBA||38 s.h.||63 s.h.|
Clinical Practicum Hours
|Track||Clinical Practicum Hours|
|MSN/MBA Dual||240 hrs.|
Clinical experiences are completed under the guidance and supervision of a faculty member and a preceptor in the field study and internship course. All preceptors must hold a minimum preparation at the master’s level.
- The advanced practice nursing core (required of all students).
- The advanced practice specialty core.
- The clinical nursing or functional concentration (elective practicums for educator and administrator).