Online History Courses
General Education Core Requirements (in semester hours):
Prior to graduation, all undergraduate students must complete at least 30 semester hours of general education courses that include at least one (1) course in each of the following:
- College mathematics
- Science (with a laboratory)
- Religion or psychology or sociology or anthropology or foreign language
- History or political science or economics
- Humanities: literature or art or fine art or music or theatre
To reach the remainder of the 30 hours students must take any course(s) in the arts and sciences.
- HIST 2161 An American Nation: Beginnings to 1877 (4 s.h.)
- HIST 2162 An American Nation: 1877 to the Present (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3000 Professional Historian: Methods and Historiography (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3001 Public History (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3010 Cultures in Contact: The Middles Ages (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3030 Cultures in Contact: The Atlantic World, 1440-1888 (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3120 Europe and the Great Wars (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3650 Cultures in Contact: Islam, Christianity and Colonialism in Africa (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3730 The Civil War (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3770 Science in Culture: Inquiry in the Laboratory and Field (4 s.h.)
- HIST 3775 The Cold War (4 s.h.)
- HIST 4001 Senior Seminar (4 s.h.)
- HIST 4990 Comprehensive Assessment* (0 s.h.)
Total: 48 semester hours
Degree format: 100% ONLINE
*Students will complete the Comprehensive Assessment in the semester that they graduate. All students must pass according to the minimum requirements of their department.
To graduate from King University, students must accumulate at least 124 semester hours (48 of which must be completed at King University).
Undergraduate Transfer Credit
Credits from previously attended colleges or universities will be evaluated based on institutional accreditation, level, content, quality, comparability and degree of program relevance and those accepted will be applied to the new degree being sought, up to a maximum of 76 semester hours.
However, the University will grant semester-hour equivalence only for transfer work with a grade of C- or better, and only work with grades of C- or better will apply toward graduation requirements. Students may submit up to 8 semester hours of prior major coursework for transfer consideration.