Online Health Informatics Courses
General Education Core Requirements (in semester hours)
Prior to graduation, all undergraduate students must complete at least 30 semester hours of general education courses that include at least one (1) course in each of the following:
- College mathematics
- Science (with a laboratory)
- Religion or psychology or sociology or anthropology or foreign language
- History or political science or economics
- Humanities: literature or art or fine art or music or theatre
To reach the remainder of the 30 hours students must take any course(s) in the arts and sciences.
Health Informatics Major Core Requirements:
- HCAD 3120 Introduction to Healthcare Organization and Policy (4 s.h.)
- HCAD 3210 Informatics for Healthcare Leaders and Decision Makers (4 s.h.)
- HCAD 3230 Management of Quality Improvement and Outcomes (4 s.h.)
- HCAD 3320 Management and Leadership (4 s.h.)
- HCAD 4420 Ethics and Legal Issues (4 s.h.)
- DMIS 2700 Foundations of Information Technology (4 s.h.)
- DMIS 3450 Data Management (4 s.h.)
- DMIS 3710 Cloud Computing (4 s.h.)
- HINF 4410 Project Management (4 s.h.)
- HINF 4420 Electronic Health Records (4 s.h.)
- HINF 4430 Networking and Health Information Exchange (4 s.h.)
- HINF 4440 Current Topics in Health Informatics (4 s.h.)
- HINF 4990 Comprehensive Assessment* (0 s.h.)
Total Hours: 48 semester hours
Degree format: 100% ONLINE
*Students will complete the Comprehensive Assessment in the semester that they graduate. All students must pass according to the minimum requirements of their department.
To graduate from King University, students must accumulate at least 124 semester hours (48 of which must be completed at King University).
Undergraduate Transfer Credit
Credits from previously attended colleges or universities will be evaluated based on institutional accreditation, level, content, quality, comparability and degree of program relevance and those accepted will be applied to the new degree being sought, up to a maximum of 76 semester hours.
However, the University will grant semester-hour equivalence only for transfer work with a grade of C- or better, and only work with grades of C- or better will apply toward graduation requirements. Students may submit up to 8 semester hours of prior major coursework for transfer consideration.