Online Communication Courses
General Education Core Requirements (in semester hours):
Prior to graduation, all undergraduate students must complete at least 30 semester hours of general education courses that include at least one (1) course in each of the following:
- College mathematics
- Science (with a laboratory)
- Religion or psychology or sociology or anthropology or foreign language
- History or political science or economics
- Humanities: literature or art or fine art or music or theatre
To reach the remainder of the 30 hours students must take any course(s) in the arts and sciences.
Core Courses Required:
Communication Core Course Sequence
- COMM 1500 Basics of COMM at King (2 weeks online) (1 s.h.)
- COMM 2400 Professional Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 2500 Visual Rhetoric (4 s.h.)
- COMM 2600 Introduction to Media Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 2700 Advanced Speech Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3000 Communication Theory (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3200 Interpersonal Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3300 Editing for Special Topics in Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3400 Rhetoric and Persuasion (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3500 Public Relations (4 s.h.)
- COMM 3600 Organizational Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 4100 Ethics in Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 4500 Leadership Communication (4 s.h.)
- COMM 4990 Comprehensive Assessment* (0 s.h.)
Degree format: 100% ONLINE
*Students will complete the Comprehensive Assessment in the semester that they graduate. All students must pass according to the minimum requirements of their department.
To graduate from King University, students must accumulate at least 124 semester hours (48 of which must be completed at King University).
Undergraduate Transfer Credit
Credits from previously attended colleges or universities will be evaluated based on institutional accreditation, level, content, quality, comparability and degree of program relevance and those accepted will be applied to the new degree being sought, up to a maximum of 76 semester hours.
However, the University will grant semester-hour equivalence only for transfer work with a grade of C- or better, and only work with grades of C- or better will apply toward graduation requirements. Students may submit up to 16 semester hours of prior major coursework for transfer consideration.