Online Communication Degree
- Next Start Date: August 22, 2016
- Estimated Program Length: 16 Months*
- Semester Hours: 49 Hours
- Cost Per Semester Hour: $300
* Major coursework may be completed in as little as 16 months.
The Bachelor of Science in Communication online degree from King University provides students the opportunity to learn useful writing, presentation, design, critical thinking and public speaking skills. This degree completion program caters to professionals who have already earned some credits and would like to finish their full bachelor’s degree.
Both small and large companies and corporations need effective internal and external communication. By earning an online communication degree, professionals gain the necessary knowledge and skills to communicate effectively within their organization and build their career. Our online courses are the same courses as those delivered on campus.
- 49-semester hour major of 13 courses; 124 total semester hours required to receive bachelor’s degree
- Major coursework may be completed in as little as 16 months
- Collaboration of professional experiences among peers
- Create a portfolio to share with future employers
Fundamental Topic Areas
- Professional communication
- Media communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Leadership communication
- Advanced speech
- Visual rhetoric
- Public relations
*A total of 124 semester hours are required to graduate from King University.
Students that need additional core and/or elective courses to fulfill the 124 semester hours may transfer those credits from another accredited institution or register for core and elective courses offered each semester through the Associates and Quest programs at King University.
Students must have previously earned 45 semester hours to gain admission in the online Bachelor of Science in Communication degree completion program.
General Education Core Requirements
A minimum of 30 semester hours in general education courses is required prior to graduation, including one course from each of the following categories:
- English composition
- College mathematics
- Science with laboratory
- Human culture (religion, psychology, sociology, foreign language)
- U.S. and global citizenship (economics, history, philosophy, political science)
Prior to graduation from King, a comprehensive general education assessment test is required. A pass or fail test, the Outcomes Assessment at King (OAK) becomes available in your student portal upon entering your last semester of classes. The OAK is comprised of 75 general education questions.
Take the next step in your career with King University Online!
For more information about our on-ground programs, visit us here.